[[ alert_message ]]

CalFresh Application Assistance!

From the SF-Marin Food Bank

San Francisco Residents


Find An Appointment

Marin Residents


Where To Find Help

calfresh logo CalFresh (formerly known as the food stamp program) is a federal nutrition benefit that provides program participants with a means to purchase food. Benefits can be used at grocery stores, farmers’ markets, and for some, benefits may even be used at restaurants and community meal programs.

The SF-Marin Food Bank helps hundreds of people stretch their food budgets and drives over a million dollars of federal funding into California’s economy each year through our CalFresh Outreach program.

Find out if you might qualify for CalFresh with the food bank’s help! We have application assistance sites all over San Francisco. To learn more about food assistance benefits, call us or make an appointment online!

What we do

  • Screening for likely eligibility
  • Assistance in filling out and sending your application and required documents
  • Help with semi-annual and yearly recertification reports
  • Provide referrals for other free food programs
  • Connect you to agencies that can provide other resources

Who is eligible

  • U.S. Citizens
  • Permanent Residents (green card) and people with certain visas
  • All U.S. born children, no matter where their parents were born

**California SSI/ SSP recipients are not currently eligible to receive CalFresh. However, this rule will end in the Summer 2019. Please call us for more information!

Household Size Gross Monthly Income (pre-tax) Net Monthly Income Monthly Benefit Allotment
1 $2,024 $1,012 $15-192
2 $2,744 $1,372 $15-353
3 $3,464 $1,732 $15-505
4 $4,184 $2,090 $15-642
5 $4,904 $2,452 $15-762
6 $5,624 $2,812 $15-914
7 $6,344 $3,172 $15-1,011
8 $7,064 $3,532 $15-1,155
Each Additional
+ $720 + $360 + $144

CalFresh Income Eligibility Guidelines October 1st, 2018 to September 30th, 2019

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). TDD users can contact USDA through local relay or the Federal Relay at (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642 (relay voice users). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.